Skip to main content

Romance On The West World

Okay, as i promise to you fellow readers, i will updating my blog and posting good contents. It is been a while now, i have to keep up with a lot of trends that i put on the closet and put to shame. As a starter, i will talk about Dior Cruise 2018 with a theme Dior Sauvage, let's talk about it.
photo taken from Vogue.com
Dior Cruise 2018 take place in Calabasas, California (yes, home of the Kardashian-Jenner clan and thank God they are not invited). The set is spectacular, up on the hill surrounded with the grasslands and the lavender twilight perfectly set the mood. Reminding me with the cowboy movie with Clint Eastwood in it or romantic movie Gone With The Wind. The details on the set are wonderfully magical west, the bring back the essence of west world with a rusty Dior Sauvage on the grassland, the hot air balloon, and and the big tent. I was mesmerized.

Photo taken from Vogue.com
Photo taken from Vogue.com
The collections are exquisitely beautiful, the tone colors are earthy with a little splash of gold to make it luxurious. The fringe details on the skirts, coats, and dress, captured the essences of the west world. But the graphic and pattern on the collections are magnificent, they have cave painting as a pattern on the dress, coat, and skirts. Maria Grazia inspired from the house founder’s Lascaux collection of 1951 that inspired by the ancient cave paintings discovered in southwestern France a decade earlier. She make it more modern and giving a twist it with pagan and tarots illustrations.
Photo taken from Vogue.com
Photo taken from Vogue.com
The sheer dress also coming back in on the collections (probably this design are the character of Maria Grazia, because it reminds me with her work in Valentino)  giving the little touch of femininity and soften on the wild graphic printing. And as you can notice, there are Dior brasserie with Dior straps behind the sheer dress which i think that will might be a good trend (i think it will stay a little longer than cold-shoulder-top trend)
Photo taken from Vogue.com
Photo taken from Vogue.com

The accessories on the collection are lovely. The cowboy hat with blue-turquoise beads are chic, the necklaces and bracelets are west-ethnic. I love all the collections, good job Maria Grazia you giving a new bohemian west world trend for the New World.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transgender VS Androgyny

                 Everybody has their sex appealed, it show their sexuality to everyone even the ugly one has it (jk). But some people didn’t have it because they feel not fit with their sexuality and bodies, but some of them didn’t match their sexuality with their bodies. They are transgender and androgyny.                 Definition of transgender, is the state of one’s gender identity (self-identification as women, man, neither or both) not matching one’s assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex)                 Definition of androgyny, is term derived from the Greek referring to the combination of masculine and feminine characteristic. Sexual ambiguity may be found in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle.               Many transgender did a big plastic surgery to change all of their bodies and sexuality. And it cost of fortune to pay it, but they didn’t care as long they feel fit

"Brace yourself, winter is coming"

           Sorry, it's been a while I haven't posting in my blog. I'm pretty swamped with my task a senior college student lately. There's a lot of task I have to finished. Okay, enough chit chat my college life, it's kind of routine actually. Let's talk about fall or winter season. I love fall season, the leaf became red brick or yellow, a breezy wind blowing your neck and everybody wear jacket, cardigan and scarf with glove. a perfect season to drink hot chocolate milk. In fact i was born in September, a fall season. But it all just happen in Europe or 'Merica. I live in equator area, so the season I had to deal just a BURNING-SUMMER and HEAVY-RAINSTORM-THUNDER . No, it's not pathetic as you heard, I kind of enjoyed it actually (I used to it).  So only in HEAVY-RAINSTORM-THUNDER I have a chance to wear layers like an elegant jacket or cardigan without scarf or glove. But I don't have an elegant jacket or coat, all I have is just an old-grey-

Shippai wa Seikô no Moto

Okay, you all probably wandering why I wrote a tale in the last posting and in Indonesians language, there’s two reasons about that. First, my friends always insist me to write something in Indonesians language, no, they rare not stupid they just cant speaks or write English fluently (well actually my English level is pretty basic and of course I have bad grammar, but what the hell). And the second is, I just finished read Khaled Hosseins new book ‘AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED’, awesome book and greats plot story, you should read it. After that, the inspirations come to my brain like a wrecking ball with Miley Cyrus nude on it, swinging around and crushing my brain with her magical rainbow inspiration. And then I start write it down instantly. I also edited a few parts, because lots of consideration, thoughts, comments and advice from my friends. For you who cant read my tale, its okay I promise someday I will translate it into English or make   a new one, and no, I wont using Google tran