Skip to main content

"Trendy is the last stage before tacky" - Karl Lagerfeld


I’m back readers (wearing sunglass with red laser eyes behind it). My big apologies to you fellow readers, so sorry I haven’t post for a long time ago. I’ve been busy with my job as creative director in my small business with my friends. It takes my time, my energy, and my focus into it. But I’m happy tho’, because I can do what I’m happily to do it (designing of course). So sorry readers I didn’t designing my design collection this year for summer and winter. But I’m always designing inside my head. By the way in this moment I will mix bahasa Indonesia in my blog, I do this because my friend said to be my blog become more approachable. So okay, I will write in Indonesia and mixed with English.

Okay what should we talked about peeps? Rupiah melemah, Trump is the biggest jerk president candidate, atau curhatan temen gue? Ahahahaaa, none the above for our topic today. Tapi tetep aja sih gue bingung mau bahas apaan. Mmmm, gimana kalo bahas gimana bencinya gue ama moschino. Yes I’m talking about you Jeremy scott and how much I hate your entire collection. Semua bermula ketika gue mulai melek ama moschino dibawah naungan Alberta Ferreti, Yup now she’s busy with her own label Alberta Ferreti. Nah entah siapa yang nunjuk Jeremy Scott buat gantiin Alberta Ferreti jadi Creative Director Moschino. Setelah Jeremy Scott became Moschino Creative Director, everything is ruined. Every design is not so original and doesn’t look high fashion at all. Liat aja sweater merah moschino with big yellow M on it, mm let me guess is it McDonald? Or what about the black jacket, kinda look alike with chanel iconic jacket, isn’t it? (and the purse too). I can’t stand to look at it, it is really bad (btw, that his first debut in Moschino). Semenjak itu Moschino mulai banyak dilirik orang orang dan mulai terkenal dikalangan selebriti Hollywood and become viral. Kadang ngeliat designer dg taste seperti itu kok bisa jadi designer terkenal, lah gue yg taste bagus and punya bakat design kok idupnya gini gini aja. Life isn’t fair, I know but I’m not giving up on my dream. JEREMY SCOTT YOUR DESIGN IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

WOW design, very original, bold color, so trendy-chic, much inspiring (insert meme doge)

Let’s move on to my local designers. Well setiap tahunnya Jakarta Fashion Week memamerkan design dari designer local. Some of them are good, some of them are tacky, ugly, and not-so-good. Indonesian tacky designer is  designer who I always questioning about their taste. Mereka itu kayak gak mau kalah ama designer luar seperti Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad, Alexander Mcqueen ato yang lainnya. Konsep nya selalu ada unsur glamour, high fashion, many beads, pearls, and don’t forget the big extravagant skirt and silhouette. Kadang juga diikuti dengan tampilan make up putih bedak tebal like a royal highness. Dan semua itu campur jadi satu menjadi NORAK. Kalo ugly designer adalah designer yang jelek, well there’s nothing to say about it beside ugly. Its like the first time you see the dress or design, the word ugly come right away to your mind. The Not-So-Good-Designer is mostly a former celebrity or famous people yang mencoba untuk memamerkan hasil rancangan kreatif mereka. Kenapa gue bilang Not-So-Good karena koleksi rancangan mereka biasa aja gak ada keunikan, gak ada keotentikan designer in their collection. Mereka kayaknya sih cuman memanfaatkan keartisan mereka dalam jualan bajunya, it’s like “hey I’m artist, I design my collection, this collection is totally my taste, it shows my personality, my collection is so expensive, you can be pretty like me”. Gak cuman di Indonesia aja sih, di luar negri pun gue mikir gitu, contohnya aja tuh ya Kanye West ato Britney Spears ama bisnis panties and lingerie nya.


very couture-ish, heavy and stand-out make up and GLAMOUROUS
 
this is ivan gunawan collection 2015, i guess inspired from Alexander Mcqueen 2012 collection (well done Mr Ivan, very "inspiring")
Oia di Indonesia ada genre baru in fashion (sorry kalo gue pake kata genre, gue gak tau padanan kata lainnya) yaitu muslim fashion. I guess its because there’s a lot of Muslim in Indonesia. Biasanya penganut agama islam mewajibkan perempuan untuk memakai jilbab ato hijab. Nah dari sanalah banyak designer local berlomba lomba menjadi designer hijab. Salah satu designer hijab local yang terkenal adalah Dian Pelangi. She uses rainbow and lots of color blocking in her design, her iconic ( I guess) pattern is tie dye.  Kalo gue pratiin sih ya there’s no grace, beauty, and simplicity in her collection. I don’t know why she became famous, her collection is not-so-good (and sometimes tacky mix with ugly). When she did the color block in her collection, gue ngerasa kek ngeliat efek LSD and not in the good way. Sometimes I wander, did she use LSD drug when designing (if she does, please quit or change to a good drugs). Not just the dress, the hijab itself also confusing. Entah gimana cara dia ato orang2 yang terinspirasi ama dia make hijab. Its completely confusing and complex (when you see it). 

i just got struck by a multicolor from the bad effect of LSD
 Bukannya gue sok alim ato menceramahi ya, (gue sendiri kadang kafir juga sih ya, kafir ngapain aja ya cukup gue ama Allah yang tau aja) tapi sepengetahuan gue itu kalo cewek di Islam itu diwajibkan memakai jilbab dan berbusana (yaelah bahasanya busana, berasa jaman  pertengahan 90an) tidak boleh mencolok. Well if you want wear hijab or not is your choice actually, you are a women you have independent choice to do whatever you want. Tapi ketika lo memakai hijab gak mungkin lagi kan ya lo bisa ketawa gede denger kebodohan temen lo ato lirikin cowo cakep dimeja sebelah. Lo berubah jadi kalem and jaiman. Nah sama hal nya ama the way you style, if you wear a hijab then please be graceful and pretty, if you wanna try color block, edgy or quirky then make it simple and elegant, always remember less is more (no I don’t talk about your clothes, I mean your style). 


i like this one, very simple yet beautiful siluet and a good color choice
i love this one, the structure and the flowie fabric is improve the dress's structure

i love the collection, it's fresh edgy simple and effortless, love designer's color choice

By the way Dian Pelangi was on the NYFW a few weeks ago. She show her collection with Barli Asmara, and Zaskia Sungkar. Well peeps you can decide which one is the tacky, the Ugly, and the Not-So-Good designer of them all. Have a nice day peeps





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transgender VS Androgyny

                 Everybody has their sex appealed, it show their sexuality to everyone even the ugly one has it (jk). But some people didn’t have it because they feel not fit with their sexuality and bodies, but some of them didn’t match their sexuality with their bodies. They are transgender and androgyny.                 Definition of transgender, is the state of one’s gender identity (self-identification as women, man, neither or both) not matching one’s assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex)                 Definition of androgyny, is term derived from the Greek referring to the combination of masculine and feminine characteristic. Sexual ambiguity may be found in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle.               Many transgender did a big plastic surgery to change all of their bodies and sexuality. And it cost of fortune to pay it, but they didn’t care as long they feel fit

Shippai wa Seikô no Moto

Okay, you all probably wandering why I wrote a tale in the last posting and in Indonesians language, there’s two reasons about that. First, my friends always insist me to write something in Indonesians language, no, they rare not stupid they just cant speaks or write English fluently (well actually my English level is pretty basic and of course I have bad grammar, but what the hell). And the second is, I just finished read Khaled Hosseins new book ‘AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED’, awesome book and greats plot story, you should read it. After that, the inspirations come to my brain like a wrecking ball with Miley Cyrus nude on it, swinging around and crushing my brain with her magical rainbow inspiration. And then I start write it down instantly. I also edited a few parts, because lots of consideration, thoughts, comments and advice from my friends. For you who cant read my tale, its okay I promise someday I will translate it into English or make   a new one, and no, I wont using Google tran

"Brace yourself, winter is coming"

           Sorry, it's been a while I haven't posting in my blog. I'm pretty swamped with my task a senior college student lately. There's a lot of task I have to finished. Okay, enough chit chat my college life, it's kind of routine actually. Let's talk about fall or winter season. I love fall season, the leaf became red brick or yellow, a breezy wind blowing your neck and everybody wear jacket, cardigan and scarf with glove. a perfect season to drink hot chocolate milk. In fact i was born in September, a fall season. But it all just happen in Europe or 'Merica. I live in equator area, so the season I had to deal just a BURNING-SUMMER and HEAVY-RAINSTORM-THUNDER . No, it's not pathetic as you heard, I kind of enjoyed it actually (I used to it).  So only in HEAVY-RAINSTORM-THUNDER I have a chance to wear layers like an elegant jacket or cardigan without scarf or glove. But I don't have an elegant jacket or coat, all I have is just an old-grey-