Skip to main content

Shippai wa Seikô no Moto

Okay, you all probably wandering why I wrote a tale in the last posting and in Indonesians language, there’s two reasons about that. First, my friends always insist me to write something in Indonesians language, no, they rare not stupid they just cant speaks or write English fluently (well actually my English level is pretty basic and of course I have bad grammar, but what the hell). And the second is, I just finished read Khaled Hosseins new book ‘AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED’, awesome book and greats plot story, you should read it. After that, the inspirations come to my brain like a wrecking ball with Miley Cyrus nude on it, swinging around and crushing my brain with her magical rainbow inspiration. And then I start write it down instantly. I also edited a few parts, because lots of consideration, thoughts, comments and advice from my friends. For you who cant read my tale, its okay I promise someday I will translate it into English or make  a new one, and no, I wont using Google translate for it. So that is all :)
Still in the spirits of Chinese New Year, I have a lot of idea for my design collection also I have a plan to run in this year (I hope my plan goes swell this year). Okay, probably you wondering, why I take a title in Japanese. Shippai wa Seikô no Moto actually means failure is the base of success or failure is the mother of success. As you know, the road to achieve success is not smooth as you think or imagine. It full with holes, big hard rocks, and else, sometimes you fall into hole or get hit by a big rock. But do not lose hope, do not giving up your dream, you will learn and work hard to crawl out that god damn holes or avoid (or maybe smashed) that rock. You know your weakness and learn to cover it up with magic you have in yourself. That failure you had will be a good lesson for yourself, and slowly but sure you became a strong person and the success is no longer far away from you. So let’s pray, hope and work hard in this year, hope we can achieve our success in this year, a fantastic year, and become our year. Wohoo..
Okay, enough talking about inspiring quote (I’m not good about this stuff, well actually I’m kind of good at it but I don’t want to blabbering and out of topic). The reason why I pick japans title is because I LOVE JAPAN. They are the only country that could combine tradition and technology very well. The technology in japans never breaks or abandoned the culture, in fact they grow and develop together. Japan had a freaking weirdly-awesome fashion style like Harajuku style. Harajuku style inspired from manga cartoon and sometimes combine with traditional dress or Victorians’ dress with full of lace and puffy skirt (that’s what I know about this style) and girly or gothic make up. Japans culture is very rich, the people is respect and proud of their tradition and culture. And japans have GEISHA, I FREAKING LOVE AND OBSESSED WITH GEISHA. All the geisha worn a beautiful kimono, and they dance, or playing some music and amuse all of the audience with their grace (such a beauty), like in Memoirs of Geisha (I love this movie). By the way, even though I like japans stuff, I can’t speaks Japanese (it’s pretty ironic). I learn Japanese language when I was in class eleven, and I always got a D (and no, I don’t want your D). probably one of the reason I can’t speaks Japanese is because Japanese language had 87 syllables (that’s not include kanji) and they not using alphabetical letter.

I will talk about kimono, so pay attention guys. Kimono is traditional dress, kimono literally means thing to wear. Kimono are T-shaped, straight-lined robes worn so that hem falls to the ankle, with attached collars and long, wide sleeves. Kimono are wrapped around the body, always with the left side over the right and secured by a sash called obi which is tied at the back. Kimono are generally worn with traditional (crazily-awesome) footwear called zori or geta and split-toe socks (pict). Kimono traditionally made from a single bolt of fabric called tan. Tan come in standard dimensions-about 14 inches wide and 12 and half yards long-and the entire bolt is used to make one kimono. The finished kimono consist of four main strips of fabric-two panels covering the body and two panels forming sleeves-with additional smaller strips forming the narrow front panels and collar. The pattern of the kimono can determine in which season it should be worn. For example pattern with butterflies or cherry blossom would be worn in spring, watery design are common during the summer, a popular autumn motif is the russet leaf of the Japanese maple, and bamboo, pine trees and plum blossoms for winter pattern (yes I search in Wikipedia, for more information, you can Googled it).


Many of designers inspired their collections by kimono. The shaped and cut is simple yet elegant and the pattern is beautifully rich. And now I will show you my collections, I make it more modern and simple yet elegant, also I put dragon and phoenix print in it. Enjoy my collection guys :)      



Comments

  1. hey,,cool blog.. salam kenal,, visit my blog too,, www.tiffanysasmita.blogspot.com. salam kenal ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transgender VS Androgyny

                 Everybody has their sex appealed, it show their sexuality to everyone even the ugly one has it (jk). But some people didn’t have it because they feel not fit with their sexuality and bodies, but some of them didn’t match their sexuality with their bodies. They are transgender and androgyny.                 Definition of transgender, is the state of one’s gender identity (self-identification as women, man, neither or both) not matching one’s assigned sex (identification by others as male, female or intersex based on physical/genetic sex)                 Definition of androgyny, is term derived from the Greek referring to the combination of masculine and feminine characteristic. Sexual ambiguity may be found in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle.               Many transgender did a big plastic surgery to change all of their bodies and sexuality. And it cost of fortune to pay it, but they didn’t care as long they feel fit

"Brace yourself, winter is coming"

           Sorry, it's been a while I haven't posting in my blog. I'm pretty swamped with my task a senior college student lately. There's a lot of task I have to finished. Okay, enough chit chat my college life, it's kind of routine actually. Let's talk about fall or winter season. I love fall season, the leaf became red brick or yellow, a breezy wind blowing your neck and everybody wear jacket, cardigan and scarf with glove. a perfect season to drink hot chocolate milk. In fact i was born in September, a fall season. But it all just happen in Europe or 'Merica. I live in equator area, so the season I had to deal just a BURNING-SUMMER and HEAVY-RAINSTORM-THUNDER . No, it's not pathetic as you heard, I kind of enjoyed it actually (I used to it).  So only in HEAVY-RAINSTORM-THUNDER I have a chance to wear layers like an elegant jacket or cardigan without scarf or glove. But I don't have an elegant jacket or coat, all I have is just an old-grey-